THE LAST WORDS OF A DYING QUEEN






The village was ruled without mercy by a queen whose heart suffered too many aches that left her sore for life.
She loved, she ruled , she killed , she saved and all the while felt nothing as the years and broken hearts took its toll on her.
The New moon was her last fight, she lay curled on the floor wielding a family heirloom- the defender , a sword that had served kings before her. A sword by which she fell men and nations in their thousands.
She was a warrior , she was a lover, war favored her but love didn't. This was the musings of her heart as Sir. Kipp stood over her almost breathless body while she sang:
Hold my life and tear it apart
I can only feel as I die
Take my heart and make it stay warm
As it burns and I die away
Show me love and hate me the same
I can only feel as I die

...in love and war

Feel free to share your thoughts on this

I'm still your favourite writer


Comments

  1. This is the path many ladies are unconsciously on in this our days..letting go of pain from the past is key to the room that habours love that today has to offer

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part dat war favors her and love doesn't gat me thinking ...and the character if the queen is similar to what so many ladies are in different context.. Good piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its well. Strong women always fall victim of love maybe because the men in their lives always fear of being ruled by her one day, they unintentionally start maltreating her for fear of their insecurities.This will now make her broken and never be willing to give love another Chance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very much aware that most men get intimidated by a woman that is strong willed and independent, little wonder they end up with submissives as wives.

      I personally believe that if a man leaves you simply because he is threathened by your personality, then he isn't worth the effort, nor should you carry on seeking validation in men. Life has a lot more to offer for you to stay pining over a love that wasn't meant to be.

      Also, that single experience or as many as they are, should not be a deciding factor in your love life, love will happen when the time is right.

      Delete
  4. I do know exactly how she felt because strong woman always falls victim of lovelessness......����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You speak like someone who has actually gone through something like this? Would you like to give us some more details? or you could send them privately to me here: klyn.akwarandu@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. I read the story and I did not know what to say, but based on one or two of the comments made here, I will have to say something. You say ladies of our time are treading the path of this queen. Yes I agree that some ladies are, but I think you are looking at this from one perspective don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD INTENTIONS - A HARMLESS VISIT

INSIDE STORY

Dear Tola,