THE PRICE I PAID


I know what I want. I tell myself that I am fighting for it when all I find myself doing is daily giving in to complacency and ridiculing the thought of what could be that isn't yet. There is a price to be paid, "something must give" I would always hear some people say. It's all getting real now and maybe I sense a certain fear that I never knew existed. 

What is this I feel? I know what I stand to gain but still can't shake the nagging knowledge of what I would be letting go of. This price I have decided to pay will be worth it in a couple of weeks yet I know the temptation to want to take it all back will follow soon as I start this journey. 

This is something I must do. This is something that'll MAKE ME! Sitting by myself today I have countlessly thought "WHAT IF?" and trust me these are not positive "what if's". There's that part of me that even considers not paying the price as I type this. I am fighting a battle I can't share with anyone even when I win. 

Tomorrow I'll take that step and plunge myself so far that it'll take all of heaven to bring me back and since it's not something enjoyed up above, then it means this would be my one-way street. 

I don't intend to look back. I know this would affect certain relationships I currently have as well as my circle of friends, but this will be worth it. The people that matter won't know the difference but I am sure they would celebrate with me because, in the end, we all want each other to win. 

I'll take a knee on the blue grass tomorrow and I promise to keep my end of the bargain till the coming of Christ. 

I won't be the first, I won't be the last, but my story after I burn my bridge tomorrow will make kings out of men, and here's the best part, I would be able to tell them exactly what I did that made the difference. 

I am my father's son and this time I'll enjoy my rich kid privileges till the Rapture. 


- Your favourite Writer 

THE KLYNIC 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD INTENTIONS - A HARMLESS VISIT

INSIDE STORY

Dear Tola,