Dear Tola,

We fell in love and that was the problem, seeing as we sauntered towards an end that had no beginning. We laced our hearts with a love that was borne of pure lust and eschewed every promissory note of trust. Tee...I'll lie to you if I say I didn't have my doubts when we decided to try. You had your reservations yet the forlorn feeling that adorned your guts motivated you to trudge whilst pushing for a relationship that had no foundation nor a reasonable future we could see at the time.

Last night when we waved goodbye and I watched the lights of your taxi trail off , I thought for a moment what my life would be like without you...

...I had no answer, and this really disturbed me.

If we were characters in a movie, this would be the scene where a montage plays out, showing different scenes of our show of affection. We would be holding hands , dancing wild in the sun, throwing food at each other as we cook in my kitchen, there'll definitely be the pillow fight and it'll end with the suggestion that my life would be INCOMPLETE without you.

Tola... I felt none of these and it made me uneasy.
Do I love you? "Yes"
Why?
...NO ANSWER.


Our chemistry is undeniable, you basically complete my thoughts and finish my sentences. Our friends are jealous of the love we share, but in these 2 years we've played the perfect couple, our individual lives have remained the same.

We never talk about life , we never talk about our faith. I'm not sure if you go to church and somehow it never really matters how we spend our Sundays as long as we find time to be together during the weekends.

I believe there is more to life...
I know there is something missing and we cannot find it together, if we could, these two years we've had would have been enough to find it.

It's our two year anniversary tomorrow and this letter is my gift to you. I love you enough to let you go and build your life. I'll do my best to become the man I'm destined to be and I have no doubts you'll make something of your life now that I'm no longer there to distract you.

It's okay to cry but you'll pick yourself back up, you always do.

I love you.

                                               -Kay.



#yourfavoritewriter
Klynic

Comments

  1. Oh wow, nice. While you love, remember to live your best life also. You are an individual before you become a couple...so watch that you don't friend yourself in the love. Good one dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartfelt story. Really connects to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth about a million relationships and the brave ending of only a few

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's funny that the few that eventually get to end this toxic relationships are seen as fools who let go of Beauty.

      Most young people never learn.

      Delete
    2. Edu gave the best comment and relayed so well what I had in mind. I really wish many of the singles could be bold enough to take such a decision to make thier lives and future much better.

      Delete
  4. It only takes the bravest of hearts to look at "love" and see through what it presumes to be and really isn't. Well done Klynic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Andrea. Sometimes we color reality with our wants and endless desires.

      Thank you

      Delete
  5. Wow!! What a nice piece.... It's basically a reality most youths face... Though I couldn't predict the end, the curiosity kept me going. What a way to break up!!! Good work K'.....though I'm prompted to ask if this is your true experience ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it's not my story to tell, but within the story is the truth every youth should hold on to in order to find themselves in this very up tempo world.

      Delete
  6. Nice suspense! I stayed glued to this post till the end... Very real! Good job!! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhh, Ohhhhhhhh, ohhhhh, This is the heart talking .... wish I can be this bold someday to take this step. But my conscience gets to turture me even when hurt is written all over me. Nice one Klynic.... Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never easy to take this step, but it's worth it. At the time it'll sting like a b****.

      Thanks for sharing

      Delete
  8. Wow......
    Very interesting suspense, sweet love from the very beginning, good union as well.
    But common , what a brave step you took to end the sweet fellowship i can imagine�� but then did you actually considered her while making your plans? Nice piece��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would lie if I say that Kay wasn't a tad selfish for deciding for the two of them. Obviously he had given this some thought and it wasn't just a spontaneous letter.

      If he feels it's what's best for them, who are we to judge them?

      Delete
  9. So beautiful!!! Emotions are not all that matter in a relationship, finding purpose and self Development are critical factors many blindly overlook till it's too late

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tola and Kay belong together. They need to agree to grow up and make real life decisions. They have had their youthful binge its time to get real. Why throw all that away to start all over. This was impeccably written Klynic. I love the way you express yourself. Kudos love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't agreed on this in over two years, they are madly in love and this can or might blind their sense of reasoning.

      Yes Kay was kinda selfish to make that decision for the two of them, but maybe he feels it's time to let each of them get serious with life.

      Delete
  11. Wow!! Beautiful piece!!
    Way to go bro!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only the one who loves let go, you love with wisdom... beautiful piece, Weldon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful piece

    Wow!!!

    Its sad because only a select few have the courage to do this, "letting go when you see no future".

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully that select few will infect the world at large someday

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. It's not Bollywood 😭😭😭 I promise 😵

      Delete
  15. Wow. ...Beautiful piece.

    The foundation wasn't laid right with focused goal. Else he wldnt have let go.

    When u start right, U'll keep right till the end.

    Weldone bro.... It's a lovely write-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you sir... I'm greatly honored you visited my blog.

      You are very correct sir.

      Delete
  16. Correct me if I am wrong, Kay knew right all that the relationship would not have worked all along, and he implies that Tola is the one who pushed for them to continue the relationship. Why would Kay enter that relationship knowing full well in his gut that it would not work out? Could there have been ulterior motives to his going ahead to explore a relationship that he knew would not work?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GOOD INTENTIONS - A HARMLESS VISIT

INSIDE STORY